Camera & Imaging Products Association (CIPA) is an international industry association consisting of members engaged in the development, production or sale of imaging related devices including digital cameras. The association's mission is to contribute to the business success of its members through various activities in securing fair business environments and by hosting events such as the world premier shows of camera and imaging devices, in addition to formulating worldwide industry standards to enhance the convenience of consumers.
You can download the CIPA introductory booklet in PDF format below.
- Revised June 2021
- Revised June 2021
To Download the PDF File;
Windows: Right click on the above hyperlink > Download the file required to disk.
Macintosh: control + click > Download the link to your hard disk.
- April 1954: Japan Camera Industry Association (JCIA) was established.
- June 2002: Dissolution of the association.
- July 2002: Camera & Imaging Products Association (CIPA) was established as a limited liability intermediary corporation. The association was reorganized from an industry group focused on conventional film photography to an international association leading the digital age.
- January 2009: Corporate status of the association was changed to a general incorporated association in response to the amendment of the corporate law.
The association, as an international organization, is engaged in ensuring fair market competition, securing product compatibility, sharing specification standards in addition to dealing with other challenges in the industry overall for association members engaging in the development, production or sale of cameras and lenses as well as related products, components, software, and systems (hereafter referred to as "imaging related devices" ). The association also engages in the following activities with the goal of contributing to the business growth of members by performing surveys, research, and informational exchange for even a greater growth.
- To formulate and promote technical standards for compatibility/interconnection of imaging related devices
- To conduct research and provide information concerning intellectual property rights of imaging related devices
- To conduct statistical surveys and provide information concerning technical trends and the market for imaging related devices
- To conduct research and provide information concerning the enviroment and safety of imaging related devices
- To conduct research and provide information concerning trade issues of imaging related devices
- To hold exhibitions and provide information with consumers concerning imaging related devices
- To conduct academiic and cultual research as well as to hold lectures concerning imaging related devices
- To conduct other necessary activities to achieve the association's goals in addition to the activities outlined above